Send As SMS
/* Post photos ----------------------------------------------- */ img.post-photo { border:1px solid #A2907D; padding:4px; }

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Dear Brother: No one is non-replaceable,right?

Date:Sat, 22 Oct 2005 22:49:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:"Leinad Kong"
Subject:Bro, need your advice...
To: "perngshyang teng"


Dear Perngshyang :

I have something important to share, actually need your advice. It's about I'm deciding not to take a post in MYF committee in coming MYF AGM & election, in order to concentrate in my MBA final yr 2006.

i) I felt heavy having the responsibilities on family, study & ministry post in MYF at the same time, yet very limited spare time because of full-time working & study at night. I'll be doing thesis next year. It's not i'm bored with it, but it's time-constrainted n physically limited. I feel really distracted n tired emotionally & spiritually, may-b will over-whelm...

Since in skudai, i take academical life is a way to serve Lord, giving the best & attain the best in knowledge, in order to prepare better to serve him in my life. However, some bro & sis dun agree with this. They dun think "there's something called '"over-burdened", but rather is something that can be adjusted."

It's sad when anyone is saying "no one is more-willing than 'someone' to serve", regardless they're willing or not, capable or not? Is God to choose someone just because "someone can do it", "able to do" or "willing to do"?

ii) My decision is based on this yr's progress, that i couldnt concentrate in ministry, which i know i can only do it better as it should when i complete my study later. And i intend to strive for the best in study, as this is also a gift from God as well. I wish our bro n sis can understand n support me, just for the case in one year period-2006.

My decision: Stay out from committee in 2006, i will be CG leader, and continue to actively involve in any ministry, but it must accord to my study schedule, is it too self-centered to other bro n sis? In 2007, if Lord allows me to back to committee, i will.

I dun agree that one is non-replaceable, which they claimed that no one would be more suitable to be MYF's president, when WeiXiang(going to study in HK next year, around june) and me are not here.

Brother, support my decision or any better suggestion? I dun wan to let myself to be over-exhausted later on, grasping all things while i'm too limited, that may keep me away from serving. BTW, i know God's providing grace & blessings to me unceasingly....Lord knows my feelings, pls keep this in your prayer for me... thank you my dear senior brother.

Thank God to let atleast a brother that i can think of to share with him.

May God bless you wherever you are, wherver you serve...

en Christo,
Xin Yik

11 Comments:

Blogger s t 3 l l a said...

hihi. try to pray to god lo. sure he'l guide u to make a good decision, or even help u to make the best decision that suits u. everyone is needed and important in this fellowship. (一个也不能少. 团契需要"你"). everyone of us need to corporate in order to make our fellowship a greater place for learning and gathering. everyone of us has to commit to 兴起 our fellowship. rite?
pray to god. and he'l help u. that's wat i believe. (^.^)

-stel-

10:00 PM  
Blogger Leinad(信义) said...

It's touching that u're saying: "(一个也不能少. 团契需要"你"). everyone of us need to corporate in order to make our fellowship a greater place..."

Sure, getting more n more ppl commit to God to make MYF a better place, because of LOVE, HOPE, FAITH... Xiao Hui, i know you also will explore new territory/gift that God had given to you. We've lots of new friends coming in, they need your guides. Let's do it, RIGHT?

10:15 PM  
Blogger fongozic said...

we trust in Him
when He want , we do it for HIM
all the best

12:22 AM  
Blogger s t 3 l l a said...

yeah, right!!!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stella, u r right..i love the sentences u have made...it's true...we dun dare to lost, but MYF need all of us...Dear bros & sis, since both of them have their own vision, we should stand up and say we r willing to serve and to help Lord to take good care of our MYF...this is gifted by HIM, so we shdnt just stay there and receive the his grace, we shd provide wat we have to those who needed...I hope i can serve him better...but seems that i was not prepared to serve him yet...but i will still support the committee at the back....

11:29 PM  
Blogger Leinad(信义) said...

Dear Leinad,

Thanks for giving me a trust and share with me.

I think I can slightly understand your situation. I
say slightly because I just pay more attention in work
and some church ministries, but you have to take care
for your study and family (including future family) as
well.

We are normal human being and sure have our
limitation, and you should understand where is your
limitation. for sure, we should also believe that God
can use us to achieve somethings really out of our
expectation. We should be carefully handle this 2
reality. For me, if someone knowing that he is
limited, but yet he want to be used by God, he can
manage to arrange his time and life, can put full
attention on the tasks given and at the same time
trust and obey God, this is perfect. I'll say this is
only and ideal case!

Just like what I wrote to you in my sms, my concern is
serving God, holding position or not is second
consideration. You clearly mentioned that you will be
a cg leader and involving in other ministris will all
your best, I find this is a great commitment already!
But if you say because of your study, you want to
quick from all ministries, just attending Sunday
worship only, then I'll say there is something wrong!

Brother, do you still remember last time even in
campus, we actually encaurage people to actively
involve in one ministry will do, this is the
healthiest situation. But we agree sometimes it is not
allowed.

After all, I'll support your decision, brother. Don't
burn out yourself! I mean it is too early for now! We
should burn ourself out when we die and back to the
Lord! Haha!

[some words are kept]

Try your best and promise me, don't over burdened
yourself in the opposite - study and work, must keep
some personal time with God, family and church. May
God give you wisdom to deal with it.

Pls pray for me too.

In Christ,
Perng Shyang

8:28 AM  
Blogger ahB said...

I dun think any bro or sis has the right to force anyone to serve, or even to judge anyone else. We are supposed to be a fellowship full of love and that is what we are going to be. To love and accept, to forgive and to edify each other. To learn to be humble and to grow spiritually.

Everyone goes thru hard times and struggles in our lives especially as christians. And our fellowship should be the ones supporting them. Sometimes we may need a bit of scolding but we learn to do it out of love rather than anger.

In this case, i do understand how u feel brother. And seeing that u r still willing to serve even thru such hard times, i think our fellowship is truly blessed to have u. U and mr.Xilas been great leaders and all of us really really do appreciate it.

"God's way is always higher than men's way, His thoughts are always above all men."

9:35 AM  
Blogger fongozic said...

ahBee...hope that we can serve our BEST to Him

hope next year the Worship Ministry will really Grow!!!!

atb~

2:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

After i have read the Leinad & Xilas sharings, I started to think back what had i serve in church for the past 8 years. Do i serve him sincere and with faith? I guess I did. But i know i had did a lot of mistakes even something hurt to my bros & sis and even Him! But I'm blessed cause he nvr leave me alone to walk the path until now i am free.

I still remember that time i refused to serve because of my family and study and I have a big fight with the bros becoz they were not in my shoes. But now i can see they are in Leinad's shoes now with their support as well. Now we know each of us do need support from each others. So why dont we support him and accompany him to walk his path.

11:46 PM  
Blogger ahB said...

Leinad did not refuse to serve, neither is he refusing to serve. Even if he is not hold any position or responsibility, he will always try his best to attend and to support others with actions as well as words of encouragement.
That is one of the reasons why i personally respect his decision and supports him.

i do agree that serving is not equal to holding a position in ministry, vice versa, holding a position doesn't always mean that we are serving as well. Nevertheless if our hearts are towards serving God, holding or not holding a position doesn't make a difference. It will naturally show and people will see.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Leinad(信义) said...

Thank u Keat & B...

Yes, COMMITMENTS are compulsory to serve HIM, not matter of more or less, is YES or NO...

Holding a post is in place of making decision & responsible for KMYF's whole year program flow... executing task => love others, preach salvation, more importantly train them to serve Lord...

Later on, the only difference for me is that i will clearly schedule my time for 'study' n 'ministry'... I think we should think of this for the rest who is stil studying... Let them fulfill their "commitment" on study as well, right?

My life, family, living, job, study opportunity are given by Lord. I do appreciate them so much, now, i have to focus on study in final sems. It's definitely NOT an excuse for me not to serve...never ever!

My Life is worth-to-live even 1 more second ONLY IF I'm serving HIM. Thank you brothers...

Be my spiritual guards, give me a hand me you feel that i'm not doing my best for him... it would be my blessings from my true friends...

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home